Course Description: The goal of this training is to provide participants with a comprehensive understanding of the Milestones of Recovery Scale (MORS) and the Determinants of Care. Participants will learn how MORS can help staff tailor services to fit each individual’s needs, assign individuals to the right level of care and create “flow” through a mental health system. This training will also discuss how to use the Determinants of Care assessment to measure a consumer’s ability to self-coordinate their care. Areas of self-coordination include: management of one’s financial resources; transportation needs; activities of daily living; self-responsibility for medication; and ability to establish community relationships. This training will address how the Determinants of Care score and the MORS milestone rating, in combination with one another, provide information to assist clinicians and other treatment staff in determining the appropriate level of care for the consumer.
Course Objectives: As a result of attending this training, participants should be able to:
- Identify and describe the underlying concepts of the Milestones of Recovery Scale
- Discuss meaningful roles as they relate to the MORS
- List MORS milestones using the MORS Logic Model
- Identify and describe the Determinants of Care
- Calculate a person’s Determinants of Care score
- Explain how MORS and the Determinants of Care can be used together to determine the appropriate level of care for the consumer
Instructor: James Wainwright, LMFT
Course #: 2183-C
NOTE: This training is for Pacific Clinics Staff only.
Location: Pacific Clinics Training Institute
2471 E. Walnut Street
Pasadena, CA 91107