This fifteen hour interactive course, led by an enthusiastic presenter, is engaging and thought provoking. It is designed for the beginning and intermediate experienced clinician to assist participants in gaining knowledge about, learn the current expanded definition of Domestic Violence (Intimate Partner Violence). In the course participants will learn about the prevalence of Intimate Partner Violence, traits of perpetrators and victims, Impact on victims and society, impact on children, cultural factors, basic assessment and treatment methods. Various methods will be used including: Interactive Lecture/Discussion, PowerPoint Presentations, Videos, interactive activities, role play examples.
As a result of attending this training, participants should be able to:
- Increase their understanding of the forms, frequencies, patterns and impacts associated with Intimate Partner Violence.
- Improve their ability to detect battering in clinical settings.
- Improve their ability to perform a comprehensive assessment of battering including patterns of perpetration/victimization and clinical risk assessment.
- Increase their knowledge of Batter Traits Diagnosis and characteristics.
- Improve their knowledge of treatment modalities for batterers.
- Increase Knowledge of the family annihilator phenomenon.
- Increase knowledge of the impact of relationships with IPV on Teens.
- Create Safety Plans for teens and adults experiencing IPV.
- Improve their assessment skills for children.
- Increase awareness of IPV and skills in treating Teen victims.
- Increase awareness of IPV and treatment of LGBTQ victims.
- Increase their knowledge of and sensitivity to cultural factors and diverse populations.
- Improve their ability to plan and implement purposeful, appropriate, and helpful interventions during early, middle, and later phases of healing with adult victims of Intimate Partner Violence.
- Improve their ability to identify and utilize legal and community resources so as to assist clients.
Instructor: Matt Harwood, LCSW
Course #: 3053-C
Date: 12/2 & 12/3/2019
Time: 8:30am -5:00pm
Location: Pacific Clinics Training Institute
2471 E. Walnut Street
Pasadena, CA 91107