Mobile Crisis Services
The Solano Mobile Crisis Response Services’ mission is to de-escalate crisis situations, link people to necessary services and support continuing care.
This program is especially critical for individuals who are in acute psychological crisis. They may be unable to care for themselves due to a severe mental illness, or are in immediate danger of either harming themselves or others.
Those seeking to access these services can call 911, where trained police departments will dispatch the call to the Mobile Crisis Call line. They may also call our Community Call Line at 707-806-0866.
This service is available from 11:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
The mobile crisis program offers:
- Intake & assessments
- Phone crisis screening and triage
- In-person crisis evaluation and intervention services
- Continuing care plans, including safety planning
- Linkage and referrals to follow-up services including community-based mental health services, outpatient clinics, inpatient hospital services and/or case management services
- Pacific Clinics serves children, youth and adults of all ages, regardless of language, insurance or immigration status.
- Anyone who is currently in Solano County.