Pacific Clinics offers clinical internships for graduate students of psychology, social work and marriage and family therapy. We also offer placements for student psychiatric mental health nurse practitioners, as well as licensure programs for psychiatric technicians.
To learn more about any of these psychology programs, call 626-463-1021, extension 1405.
Our Doctoral Psychology Internship Program trains interns to provide community-based mental health care to clients of all ages. This internship program is open to candidates enrolled in an American Psychology Association-accredited Ph.D or Psy.D graduate psychology program.
Refer to our brochure if you’d like to learn more about this clinical psychology internship program. To apply, complete the APPIC online internship application.
For questions, contact:
Dr. Valeria Romero
Director of Psychology Training
626 463-1021, extension 1459
Our nationally recognized Social Work Internship Program partners with universities across California to arrange internships for Master of Social Work (MSW) and Bachelor of Social Work (BSW) interns. This program offers:
- A supportive learning environment that teaches interns the skills they need to interact with a diverse client base;
- Intensive training with an emphasis on culturally sensitive client engagement, diagnosis, substance use and behavioral health care treatment;
- Onsite mentoring by an experienced team that is dedicated to the growth of each candidate; and
- Career opportunities at Pacific Clinics, including clinical and supervisory positions.
If you’re interested in this program, you can have your graduate institution’s agency liaison contact:
Dianne Golden, LCSW
Director of Social Work Training
626 463-1021, extension 1405
Psychiatric Technicians (PT)
In this program, psychiatric technician (PT) candidates undergo clinical training in a variety of community settings. This program rotates through various Pacific Clinics sites and culminates in PT licensure.
Candidates will work under the supervision of experienced behavioral health professionals and acquire field experience in crisis intervention, medication administration and consumer education.
To learn more about this program, contact:
Cecilia Roman, PT
Coordinator of Nursing Services
Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT)
Our Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) Trainee Program partners with universities across California to provide practicum opportunities that meet Board of Behavioral Sciences (BBS) and university requirements. The MFT Trainee Practicum program offers:
- An opportunity to gain direct client service experience that strengthens your clinical and professional skills.
- Intensive structured training that will support your role as a clinician in a community mental health setting and beyond.
- A supportive learning environment where you gain experience in assessment, diagnosis, outcome measures, assessment tools, risk assessments and more.
- Weekly individual and group supervision provided.
- Career opportunities beyond your practicum.
We have graduate training positions in Pasadena, Monrovia, Santa Fe Springs, and other cities in the San Gabriel Valley.
To apply, send your resume and cover letter to:
Tania Valtierra, LMFT
Director of MFT Training
Psychiatric Mental Health Nurse Practitioners (NP)
In partnership with Azusa Pacific University and other universities throughout California, Pacific Clinics offers comprehensive psychiatric mental health nurse practitioner (PMHNP) programs. These programs develop mental health care strategies to address regional needs by promoting the recruitment, training, and education of the public mental health system workforce.
To learn more about this psychiatry internship, contact:
Director of Nursing and Director of Nurse Training
If you have any questions about accreditation status, contact The Office of Program Consultation and Accreditation at 202-336-5979.