To Our Uplift Family Services Community,
There is nothing more important to us than the health and safety of our community.
As the global situation with the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) continues to develop, we have regularly monitored the latest recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) and county public health websites.
We have a plan in place to help keep our community safe in the event of infections, pandemics, and epidemics, and we’ve put that plan into practice. Our first step was to assemble a team, the COVID-19 Infectious Episode Workgroup, co-led by our Medical Director and Vice President of Clinical Administration. The workgroup meets every day to monitor this rapidly changing situation and provide guidance and recommendations to keep our community healthy and informed.
We want to share key actions we have taken so far. Over the past few weeks, we have:
- Created an agency response plan to COVID-19.
- Identified the CDC Risk Assessment Criteria as a basis for decision-making
- Postponed non-essential travel and large events.
- Issued guidance to assist employees with preventing contraction or spread of COVID-19.
- Established a protocol for employees in the event someone is exposed to COVID-19.
- Provided direct support to supervisors and staff relating to other COVID-19 situations.
- Started evaluation of current Human Resources policies relating to remote work, quarantine, and employees unable to work due to unavailability of childcare.
- Initiated coordination with California Department of Health Care Services and County Payor regarding reimbursement alternative if direct service is curtailed.
- Procured additional hygiene supplies for work areas.
- Increased the frequency of janitorial services and are taking extra precautions for high traffic areas at our sites.
We will continue to provide regular updates here at www.pacificclinics.org/coronavirusresponse.
For additional information regarding COVID-19, please visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) website: http://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/index.html or visit the website of your County Public Health Department for local instructions and additional information.
Uplift Family Services is committed to being part of the solution to curb the spread of the virus and we are taking necessary precautionary measures to ensure our staff, children, families and the broader community are safe and healthy.